I wanna thanks Diary ni Gracia for featuring me in her blogger’s slam book. It’s really an honor to be part in your roster of “Great Filipino Blogger”.
I just want to share this post to all aspiring bloggers. I know I’m not a pro when it comes to blogging but I think you can learn something from me as well. You can check the original post also in this link.
Name: Ana Sarmiento – Albesa
Url Address: http://www.anasarmiento.wordpress.com
Philosophy in life: Always follow The Golden Rule.
Tell us something random about yourself:
A Proud Pinay Expat blogger based in Abu Dhabi UAE, blogging about Life in Sandpit. I’m happily married w/ 1 cute and adorable daughter who inspires me to work harder and be responsible person.
Diary ni Gracia Blogger Slambook
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
I started blogging way back March 2008. I used to visit blogniinday before and I really find Inday jokes very amusing. From this, I have a chance to visit some other humor blog just to be free from boredom. Blog hop… Blog hop, then I realizes why not creating my own blog. That’s how I started my blogging career (career daw oh!)
2. How you came up with the name for it?
My old friend/colleague gave me a pet name AnaBanana! I’m thinking of catchy name for my blog and since anabanana is no longer available. I’ve just used my real name (maiden name)
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
I’m blogging since 2008, 3.5 years to be exact
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
No, I just blog if I have spare time and If I’d like to share something to my readers.
I’m a mom, wife, entrepreneur, corporate slave rolled into one, quite busy that’s why I need to manage my time well.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
I chose to share my life as an OFW thru blogging. This is my online Diary; I write almost anything under the sun. My purpose is to chronicle my life so my grand grand children will know how I spent my life on earth.
If will given a chance to earn money thru my blog why not.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
I spend 2-3 hours on an average a day.
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
I don’t think I have any… … hmmmm I don’t know if you consider this as struggle, sometimes I felt sad/empty when month has past and I wasn’t able to write even a single post either my brain drained or I don’t have a time.
8. How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? and what is the next goal you hope to achieve?
My goal is to build another website / blog… maybe travel or lifestyle blog, (a dotcom maybe). I want to learn how to earn money thru blogging also and I hope I can find enough time and perseverance to do my next target.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
I’m still blogging about my experiences in life, sharing my knowledge, views and insights about anything. Earning extra bucks from Blogging.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
Just continue to create a quality / informative / interesting posts for sure traffic will follow. You can also generate more traffic thru referrals from another bloggers and readers as well, so it is important to build a good relationship with them.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
Continue to develop your passion, enjoy it, and learn from it.
12. Describe your blog in 10 words
It’s just another WordPress blog straight from a Banana’s heart.